Sunday, November 13, 2011

The play fort for the forty year old girl in our family

One of my favorites parts of having a kid is being able to play like a kid. Consequently part of my request as we did the back yard was to add a play fort. I have always wanted a tree house and since we don't really have any large trees in our yard a fort would do just fine.


The back yard has been a wasteland and until this summer I had only ever been back there twice which is sad and time to remedy. We had to haul in tons of dirt and bark to cover up the wasteland and then planted well over 150 plants.


Added a nice little patio and fort construction began. Elizabeth loves to help daddy cause 'girls can be workers'. We mostly do a lot of running around with the tape measure which entertains Jeff as he works.

The bridge is up and functional.

Luckily the three year old finds the fort equally entertaining and I'm just happy that I can keep playing.
Don't be concerned by the lack of sides as it is not quite done yet. Still need to add the ladder, slide, roof and pulley system.

No comments: