Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Diapers be gone


Elizabeth loves her diapers. I'm sorry, that is not accurate. Elizabeth LOVES her diapers. Why do we know that? Well because she says "I LOVE my diapers" and she says it often. We prepared her prior to her third birthday that the diapers were going away. There were previous attempts at saying goodbye to the diapers that failed miserably partly due to her not being ready, partly due to us not having the energy to stick with it and partly due to the fact that she LOVES her diapers.
So over labor day weekend we said bye bye diapers and it went well. Then she went to school and she was devastated to wear panties. She cried and her teachers said 'Elizabeth is a happy girl and we don't want her to be sad so she will wear diapers'. Elizabeth immediately reported to me that 'I get my diapers back at skoolg. I love skoolg. I wear panties at home but not at skoolg.' I was annoyed for a moment but then thought of my mom. How she could never stand for us kids to cry much less her grandkids. All she wanted was for us to feel safe and be loved. How she would be so happy that Elizabeth is loved this much at her 'skoolg'.
So last week, Gui, her teacher, said Elizabeth is now ready and won't wear diapers to school. We told Elizabeth and guess what... she was ready. Not a tear, no sadness, no fits. Guess her teachers were right. So happy they know my little girl this well.

1 comment:

Made By Me Only said...
This comment has been removed by the author.