Saturday, March 29, 2014

Siblings

Driving home from work with the kiddos in the back Elizabeth says

"Mom I want to tell you something mean but I don't want to be mean and I am not a mean girl but there is a mean thing I want to say."

"OK well thanks for letting me know it will be hard to say but you can tell me anything." I    respond with great curiousity and slight trepidation.

"Mom, I don't like Henry.  He gets into my stuff and when I am playing games he gets in the way and ruins the games.  I just don't like him."


Oh sibling fun.  We have had a lot of conversations lately about it being normal to be annoyed by your sibling and we have been working harder to give her space away from her brother.  Keep in mind after skiing last weekend I offered to take her for a play date and she said she just wanted to stay at home and play with Henry.  So it is still many shades of gray. 


No comments: