Friday, September 27, 2013

Random Photos and School Thoughts

 The first week of school I was hearing things like "Mom I am ok on the outside but inside my heart is sad" or "can you kiss my hand so I have you with me all day".  This were tough comments to weather. There were no tears but obviously an adjustment.
 It has been just a few weeks now and things have changed.  This week her after school comments have included "Mom I am having a happy life" or "boy you sure picked a great school for me".  She is excited to go to school each morning and loves her teacher.
She is still pretty clingy with me right now which has required some balancing as Henry has retaliated with the same clinginess.  If I hug one then the other is desperately trying to squirm their way in.  E's comment was that 'maybe I get your right side and Henry can have the left'.  I am making time each day for just her and I to share together which helps.  Probably helps us both.
I am thrilled that she is loving school, that she has found some sweet friends and that she is even learning about her own strength.  At dinner last night she processed the past couple weeks in this long story about how she was scared in the beginning and now she loves school and she is proud of herself.  In the end I think I may be the one having the most difficult adjustment.  I miss her.  She is my pal.  She is fun.

No comments: