Thursday, October 28, 2010

It all goes by so fast


After 26 months of breastfeeding it is now over. I have been somewhat eagerly awaiting this day and we have slowly stopped only doing naptime and bedtime nursing for quite a while. Last Thursday I told her the 'milk' was all gone. She sort of accepted this fact and kept saying 'boobs is sick' and then she would pat pat my boob with this longing expression.

After bath each night she still asks 'mama milk' and when I say it's all gone she then banishes me from the room saying 'daddy reads book'. So I sit here blogging while they giggle over her books and Jeff gives her the last kisses of the day. I know I can't have a four year old breastfeeding, I know I want my body back but I miss what has ended and I look forward to again being allowed to give those last kisses of the day.

No comments: