Sunday, October 24, 2010

Alice Turns Three

We celebrated Alice's 3rd birthday this weekend. Elizabeth proved she finally loves cake and now asks at any gathering of friends 'me want cake at party'.


Despite both living in Seattle, Katie and I actually got to know each other 10 years ago in Thailand and I have not stopped laughing yet. When we parted ways I remember telling her that we were going to have to be best friends once I got home. Luckily she listened.

Katie is the consummate hostess and can truly make everyone in a room feel welcome and engaged. Even between contractions, taking breaths while pushing her daughter into the world, Katie would exhale and introduce the nurse or offer someone a snack. I love that I shared that day with her and will certainly be at birthdays for years to come.

No comments: