Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rain???

I hate to say it Seattle but we need some rain.  We need rain not just for the garden but for my sanity.  If you don't live in Seattle or a similar climate then you don't know about the mania that sets in come late July and August.

  The sun is out, there is a warm breeze, kids running through sprinkler, light until 9pm, sun up at 5am BUT it only lasts for a month so we all become MANIC. 
 This year the weather has been glorious for a few months now.  I'm not complaining.  Apparently global warming is awesome.   There was some hope yesterday with the morning fog but it burned off and the sun drove us on.


  What I am saying that my family is having fun and is exhausted.  We just can't stop being outside and active from sun up till sun down.  We had another block party on Friday night and Elizabeth came up to us and actually asked to go to bed.  She then told me that 'little girls need to sleep more and we have been outside too late'.  OOps. 
So we need some rain so we can slow down but please no rain on the weekends as we are camping, and not on Monday's cause we are going swimming.  So maybe just some rain on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Thanks!
 

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Speak for yourselves! I understand the sentiment because we are exhausted in this household too from the mania... but, no... no... no! Mother nature might forget that its still summer. I'm not willing to take the risk. :-) xoxo