Monday, March 05, 2012

Just a Day

She is just fun. She is our little buddy. She has funny things to say. We need to be better about recording this time as it is just sailing by so fast. We have also been slack about taking photos lately so today when the sun broke we headed out to capture the afternoon.
She still has fun ways of saying things.
Poop - poey poey
Beginning of something is referred as end (she just can't get this right but somehow uses 'end' appropriately)
Elizabes, basroom, kashleen - the 'th' is not happening


She has two imaginary friends. She doesn't really play with them but talks about them frequently. Alecea and Josie. Josie is a boy. We don't know anyone with these names. Just something she came up with in her little head. Often times she will report that Josie has taken something from her or has forgotten to share. She wants me to intervene. I remind her that she has a strong voice and can tell Josie herself.
My mom also had an imaginary friend whose name was Simra. I love that Elizabeth is following in her lead.
She has a couple of funny noises. When she eats something she really likes she will hum and hum and hum throughout the meal (my mom also did this).
Elizabeth also has what we call her 'thinking' noise. It is hard to describe but sort of like a blowing of air through her teeth. She makes this whenever she is concentrating or deeply involved in an activity. She has actually made both these noises since infancy. I hope they don't go away but I imagine it may get annoying to others when taking the SAT.
At the end of our photos today she then sat quietly and fed her baby for quite some time. As she will say "I am such a good little mommie". I hope I am also.

No comments: