Friday, August 06, 2010

Hot Days of Summer - 81 degrees is hot for us

Elizabeth is a cautious child. She is not one to jump into the group. She takes her time, evaluates what is happening and eventually she gets in there. It was this way with the pool this weekend and especially the other weekend when we went to the neighborhood wading pool. She clings to me, refusing to participate which is fine. I sit with her in my arms, we talk about what is happening, she makes a few comments, takes my hand but she always finds her way to letting go and getting in the fun.
It takes patients as a parent especially when you (umm I) are the sort that tends to jump in feet first and look back thinking... uh oh what have I done. Then again I am also the sort that LOVES to snuggle and that she does while considering her next move. Oh I love a snuggle.

No comments: