Thursday, April 08, 2010

Chinese Yes... English No

Elizabeth now attends 'school', aka daycare, three days a week while I work. Lucky for us she is LOVING it all. It is a small little daycare with about 10 kids in a neighbors home about a mile from the house. The owner is Chinese and speaks to the kids in mostly Chinese.
This past week I go to pick her up and Gui says something to Elizabeth in Chinese. Elizabeth listens, stops what she is doing and puts away her toys. Gui tell me 'I told her it was clean up time. She is doing so good with understanding Chinese. She is such a good girl'.
The next day, after destroying our living room, I tell Elizabeth it is time to clean up and put away our toys. She immediately lays down on the floor in complete hysterics.
Moral of the story... I need to learn Chinese??

1 comment:

Shauna said...

ha ha...